Free Publicity Work Shop
Delivered by Gill Simmons (www.gillsimmons.com) this comprehensive workshop breaks down the elements into running a press campaign. Giving you a greater understanding of media and how to promote your event or business for free.
- I will explain how the media work and stories they are looking for
- Give you ideas for a press campaigned for your business
- How to find the right publication or journalist
- What is your business story? Does your story fit the news agenda, can you piggy- back
- How to write a press release – your message – short and to the point
- How to make your own news in the media and social media
- The follow up call, how to pitch your story
- Assets for example photo’s high res – video content
- Evaluation of media coverage
About Gill: I have worked within the media for around 15 years, my last job was the press officer at the Kings Theatre of which I managed a selection of celebrities media interviews, photo opportunities and press launches. I also worked as a freelance journalist and managed the media for Cowes Week and Round the Island sailing event.